2013 Red Sox World Series Trophy at Hastings!
2013 Red Sox World Series
Trophy & Wally the Green Monster
are coming to Hastings!
Monday, Presidents Day
12 - 1:45pm (Wally)
12 - 2pm (Trophy)
Hastings Elementary School Gymnasium
111 E. Main St.
$5 per family, proceeds will benefit
Westborough Food Pantry
Job opening for Economic Coordinator (Westborough resident preferred)
Have you heard of the job opening for an Economic Development Coordinator? While the following states Jan 17 as deadline, we understand THIS IS EXTENDED to Feb 14th!
QUALIFIED WESTBOROUGH RESIDENTS who care about our town's economic health -- please consider applying!!
Economic Development Committee
The Town of Westborough
Economic Development Committee (EDC) is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the part time position of EDC Coordinator. This position supports and coordinates the efforts of the EDC to insure effective communication and collaboration between Town officials and businesses located in Westborough. Qualified applicants must be available to attend EDC meetings and other meetings outside of normal business hours.
Applicants shall posses a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Public relations and writing experience preferred. A thorough job description may be obtained on the Town of Westborough Human Resources website.
This is a 15 hour per week position with a starting salary of $18.17 per hour. Interested persons should submit a resume to Kristi Williams, Assistant Town Manager, 131 Oak Street, Westborough, MA 01581 by January 17, 2014.
(above text from THIS LINK)
For an explanation of "Essential Duties and Responsibilities", see the FULL JOB DESCRIPTION LINK on the town site.
Add a comment
UPDATE: Westborough Shuttle schedule starting 27-Jan-2014
Here's a link to the MAIN web site: www.therta.com
Westborough schedule may be found here:
- Westborough Shuttle – Westborough MBTA to Computer Drive (Commuter) / Westborough Local (PDF)
If the above PDF link expires, here's a copy of the original file for 1/27/2014:
Due to the delay in the opening of Yawkey Station, the newly revised Worcester schedule will now go into effect on Monday, January 27, 2014. As such, all new community shuttle schedules will take effect on Monday 1/27/14.
[This update received 9-Jan-2014 from official Public Notices email distribution. Original post on Westoborough.com below -- webmaster]
ORIGINAL TITLE: Westborough Shuttle schedule starting 13-Jan-2014
The Westborough Shuttle route timetable has been updated (effective 1-13-2014):
[pdf fetched from this original URL on 6-Jan-2013 -- webmaster]Add a comment
Town Election Calendar for Tuesday March 4, 2014
TOWN OF WESTBOROUGH
TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 2014
Note: Prior to obtaining blank nomination papers from the Town Clerk, a candidate will file a statement from the Town Clerk. This statement will contain his/her name and address and the town office for which he/she intends to be a candidate. No candidate for a town office shall receive more blank nomination papers than will contain the number of signatures required to place his/her name in nomination, multiplied by five.
MON., DEC. 2, 2013
- Nomination papers available from the Town Clerk.
FRI., JAN. 10, 2014
- Until 5 p.m., last day to obtain nomination papers from the Town Clerk.
TUES., JAN. 14, 2014
- Until 5 p.m., last day to file signed nomination papers with the Town Clerk for certification. Must have 50 signatures of registered voters.
THURS., JAN. 30, 2014
- Until 5 p.m., last day to object or withdraw.
WED, FEB. 12, 2014
- Until 8 p.m., last day to register voters for Town Election & Town Meeting.
TUES., MARCH 4, 2014
From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Town Election in the following polling places:
- Precinct 1: Gibbons Middle School Gym, 20 Fisher Street
- Precinct 2: Hastings Elementary School Gym, 111 E. Main Street
- Precinct 3: Gibbons Middle School Gym, 20 Fisher Street
- Precinct 4: Mill Pond Int. School, 6 Olde Hickory Path
- Precinct 5: Mill Pond Int. School, 6 Olde Hickory Path
SAT., MARCH 15, 2014
- From 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Town Meeting at the High School Auditorium and continuing through Town Meeting week at 7:00 p.m. until finished.
Town Clerk’s Office Hours:
Mon., Wed., Thurs.: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Tues: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Fri: 7:30 a.m. - noon.- 508-366-3020 , 45 West Main St., Rm. 25
[original link on town website -- webmaster]Add a comment
Westborough Shuttle comes to town!!
Hurray! We now have public shuttle running in town. Have you seen the new buses that started yesterday?
Called the Westborough Shuttle, it's brought to us by the Worcestor Regional Transportation Authority (WRTA). Service started yesterday, Dec 2nd, 2013.
It's a WEEKDAY-ONLY service, running Monday thru Friday. Stops include:
- MBTA Station
- Computer Drive and Research Drive office parks
- Route 30 McDonalds
- Senior Center
- Bay State Commons
- Town Offices
- Westborough Public Library
- High School
It's a new service, starting out after a long time in thinking about various routes, and the need to serve the commuters coming into town and the residents within town.
The WRTA plans to start and collect feedback, and can then change things to meet emerging needs. So let's give it a try, Westborough, and let's be both patient and kind with our feedback, as the inevitable bugs with any new service get worked out.
WRTA is absolutely keen to hear how things are working, and are committed to incorporate feedback, learn, and make changes as needed in the futures.
See the WRTA site for information, and details about their schedules and stops.
- Westborough Shuttle info page at therta.com
- Download PDF schedule and map (18-Nov-2013)
- View Route Map
From the above PDF schedule:How to Ride the Bus
If this is your first trip on the bus, you may be a little nervous. Don’t worry — WRTA personnel are ready to help you! Here are a few tips:
- It is best to arrive at the curbside at least five minutes early. Buses will stop if they are waved down and if it is safe to stop at that location.
- When boarding the bus, give exact cash fare to the driver (if you qualify for reduced fare, show your identification card to the driver).
- As the bus approaches your stop, let the driver know where you want to leave the bus.
For more information on How to Ride the Bus, visit www.therta.com/faqs/how-to-ride-the-bus or call 508-791-9782
Happy travelling, Westboronians!Add a comment
- GRAND OPENING for Westboro Package Store
- 2013 Special Town Meeting - day 2
- Special Fall Town Meeting 2013 mini-blog
- Zentangle Creators at Mill Pond Aug 22 6:30-9pm
- Hundredth Town Chorus Seeks Women Singers
- Local Musicians to Perform at Cello Festival
- Westborough Woods.... Why?
- 2013 Spring Festival!
- Special State Primary for U.S. Senate - Tue Apr 30, 2013
- Westborough Garden Club Offers Scholarships (Deadline March 31st)
Page 9 of 78<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
Local Business Ads
24 December 2014
[recently posted to Facebook with the following. Comments welcomed here too, of course! -- webmaster] Hi people -- we recently re-discovered mysouthborough.com. Any Westboronians familiar with...
Christmas Tree 2014 Sale Update - let's help the Civic Club!
2014 Toys for Tots drop-off at Westboro Toyota until Dec 15th
Ski Swap Today - Dec 13 till 1 PM at Hastings
New Elder Services Website: CareGivingMetrowest.org
Winter Vocal Pops Concert - 2014-15
Buy a tree and support our Civic Club!